Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall Happenings

m
Fall colours are alive right now.
Simply spectacular!
breath taking!
I think the hight of the season.
I am in awe.

My garden is still producing, mostly rot vegetables right now. The pantry is full, the upstairs cupboard filled, there is little I am in want of.

The 21 year old has a new job, from 3:30pm to anywhere near 3am. This means a full adjustment of habits around the house here. I normally do my noicy housework first thing in the morning when I have energy, but it is all done now after she has left for work and the toddler has completed her nap. I am having to practise patience here. Its hard. I hate not vacuuming until near supper hour, but I must allow her to sleep.

School is coking along very well here. The 16 year old is well into her courses and is ahead of the game as of yesterday. the four year old is doing grade 1 work now. Enjoying her spelling lists and reading simple words.

Dearest is now having to work an extra day a week. Yet another adjustment for all of us. I have come to rely on him being home more and find myself having to replace his work on those days. Hence my lack of presence here.
This is Thanksgiving weekend here. Where I live this is fall fair weekend, when our near by village hosts the largest agricultural fair in the province. However Thanksgiving weekend is a week early this year and we will be away. I had items to put in the fair, but shall give them as the gifts they were intended for, without ribbons.





8 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Happy Thanksgiving I know you are going to be enjoying your own food from your farm. I love this time of year it is beautiful. B

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love fall scenery. Just gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jane and Chris said...

We seem to be glowing with colour here today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Jane x

Gill - That British Woman said...

we are all very lucky to live where we do, especially this time of year.

Gill

Janet said...

The fall colours here are really beautiful this year. Happy Thanksgiving !

The Farmers Daughter said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Beautiful Fall shots!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior to
and you are just too wonderful. I really like what you've got here, really like what you're
stating and the best way by which you say it.
You're making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to stay it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. That is actually a wonderful web site.

my web site cheap auto insurance denver

Anonymous said...

If you would like to obtain a good deal from this piece of writing then you have to apply these methods to your won
web site.

My webpage ... low car insurance rate :: ::