Monday, October 29, 2012

Preemie Nightie

I have a real busy day here today. I have decided to book two days off in a row to do nothing but what needs doing here. I am not leaving the farm for anything ( except an emergency). It is the end of the month and I promised myself two projects would be completed by October 31st. One the cleaning of the kitchen cupboards which I finished last week. The second, under the back staircase. This is where the homeschooling books are kept, along with other reading material, magazines, photo albums and tucked way in the back is two plastic drawer sets with my threads, machine needles, patterns and knitting needles and such. Today it gets cleaning out. The shelves dismantled as Dearest wants to insulate that wall. It is the north wall, and is cold in the winter. The small downstairs bathroom is off this space and is pretty cold to sit at in the winter. I also want to make turkey pot pie and turkey loaf today for later this week. I have help today as the 21 year old is home until 3pm. So either she can help with schoolwork or cleaning. I'll let her pick.
Last night I pleated two preemie nighties for daughters third child due in January but we are told will be early. My daughter is sending a hormonal signal that is telling her body it is time. But she is only 26 1/2 weeks along. the doctors have told her to be prepared. In the meanwhile she is freaking because she had big babies before and has nothing small. I thought to comfort her with two preemie nighties, smocked.

Off to work!

4 comments:

Paula said...

I loved having smocked nighties for Ella. Mom had even saved a few of mine. A few of them were extra long and had a drawstring around the bottom to keep toes covered.

Tina Leigh said...

How beautiful! You cant find anything like that around here (Walmart, HA!).

Is your daughter still on the Brethine (I thought you mentioned it once but I could have imagined it)? That is early but hopefully it will not come to that.

Hope you get it all done before the end of the month.


Oh we had the foam insulation put in 2 years ago...it is amzing what it has done for our cold hole house!!

Anonymous said...

That looks so wonderful. It is better to be prepared !!!
Have a great day.

Gill - That British Woman said...

installing insulation is the best thing we have ever done in this house. Our bills have dropped a lot.

Love the nighties.

Gill